I remember over 3 & a half years ago being in a really dark space.  It had more to do with my thoughts about me than anything anyone else had said.  I wasn't happy.  I forced a smile and hibernated whenever I wasn't working.  There was a lot going through this crazy head of mine (hey, sometimes our minds can be our worst enemy!) and I was very unclear about what to do with my life.  I felt like everything was out of my control, that I had no options and my life wasn't my own.  I hated my body.  Harsh, but true.  I have always carried extra weight, but at one point it was clear I had really let myself go and seeing my image on tv daily was horrifying, I just couldn't believe what I had done.  All I knew was I had to get it under control, I had to lose weight.
I probably did what most people do at first, I tried different diet trends: juicing, heating up prepared, low-calorie meals, making a meal out of a protein bar, or just not eating much of anything at all (almost as a way of punishing myself).  None of that worked, and only resulted in making me feel worse. What was I doing wrong?  I had to do some hardcore self-evaluation about my eating habits and exercise routine.  I realized that even though I wasn't eating "junk food" I was eating the wrong combination of foods (not enough fruits & vegetables and lean protein) and I wasn't portion controlling the amount.  I started by trying to eat healthy, balanced meals: grilled chicken breast with steamed broccoli & cottage cheese, for example.  This in itself was a challenge because I live alone and have never given value to cooking for myself (I realize now how important this is!) and would normally just have a bowl of cereal or a protein bar.  So I really worked on that and started making better meal choices.  One of my favorite things to do was steam a piece of salmon in a steamer bag, so easy & delicious!  I also had to work on snacks & portion control.  I loved (I say "loved" because I've given them up) oyster crackers!  Goes back to when I was a kid and my Mom made homemade soup- we always had a box of those Sunshine Oyster Crackers!  Instead of sitting down with a box of those in front of the tv, I would put them in a 1/4 measuring cup.  I eventually switched from crackers to almonds or cashews, rolled up lean turkey slices, or a piece of fruit.  I keep a bag of almonds in my purse or in the car to this day- a handful usually satisfies me within minutes and I don't feel guilty.  None of this was easy, and I had my tricks to fool my rumbling tummy!  I would heat up a cup of low sodium chicken broth & sip that or quickly drink a full glass of water- anything to calm the belly noises and make my body feel full.  After doing this for a while, my stomach was used to less food and the "boot camp" was over.  I had finally created a lifestyle.
Exercise has always been a part of my life.  I love being outdoors and I enjoy brisk walking.  I knew though that with the amount of weight I had put on that walking was simply not enough.  I was embarrassed to go to a gym because I felt so uncomfortable and self-conscious, but I had to do it.  I started off on the treadmill and luckily I joined a gym that was open 24/7, so even if I had to work out at 11 o'clock at night I would.  And even if I only had 20-30 minutes to devote, I did it.  I noticed gradual changes in my endurance and bumped up the intensity & speed on the treadmill and then moved to the elliptical machine- this is when I really began to notice a change in my shape and started dropping sizes.  I was buying new pants every couple of weeks- that is a HUGE motivator to keep going!!! I was following the eating plan I had created, and working out 5-6 days/week.  I signed up for a personal trainer and that was intense!  I'd never worked closely with anyone giving me clear direction on what types of exercises to do based on my particular body shape.  It has made all the difference in the world!  I felt the difference, saw the difference and now know that weight training and cardio-balanced exercise is the way to go.  I went regularly to see Edna, my trainer at the time, for over 2 years.  Last spring I discovered Zumba (the most fun workout for me!) and went to classes as much as I could and eventually stopped the one-on-one training thinking that Zumba was all I needed.  Well, I'm learning the hard way that my body needs the structure & discipline of weight training.  I've noticed that I've softened up and have lost definition in my arms and basically am not feeling my best.  Remembering what it felt like to really feel good about myself I'm back to working out with a personal trainer and keeping an eye on my diet, I had let that slack too.  I still do Zumba, aero pilates and yoga, and I love walking my dogs and sometimes getting in a quick run.
Since last August I've given up caffeine, dairy, wheat, gluten & have cut way back on sugars.  I worked with a compounding pharmacist closely and had blood work done to check my hormone levels & thyroid.  This was just something I wanted to do for my own knowledge and also because I was weaning myself off of an anti-anxiety medication that I used to help with sleep issues.  Both an inactive thyroid and a medication that was working against my weight-loss efforts aren't an excuse for where I had let myself go, but it is good information to have.  Working the hours I have for over 11 years takes a toll, and for me it has caused problems with my sleep and I noticed this affecting many other areas in my life.  I sleep better now, but newly being away from QVC (patterns don't change over night!) I still find myself staying up late- sometimes it's nearly 2am before I go to bed.
I hope that this information helps.  Dieting is not easy and not all plans have the same results, but willpower & determination will help get you to your goal.  Picture the best you there could possibly be and focus on that image.  There's a reason it's called a workout, not an "easy out", your commitment to yourself is the key.
And for those of you who have experienced a struggle like mine or similar, I know you have it in you to do this for yourself, you deserve it!  Keep going, you will make it happen!!!

Thank you for asking about my journey & sending such beautiful notes.  I definitely find support in your words of kindness and encouragement.

Comments

Daria
03/26/2011 4:26pm

Hi Patti,

You write so beautifully! Your words are also inspiring-thank you! Lots of luck with your move. May the new chapter in your life be full of joy, blessings and much success!

Hugs,
Daria

Betty B
03/26/2011 5:19pm

Hi Patti!
Thanks for the personal information. I'm sure it was not easy, and I'm going to have to face the music myself. Believe me when I say "the older you get the harder it gets!" I have let myself gain more weight than I have ever in the past. I HAVE to do something and now! I hope you can keep going, as I am a grandma now and wonder if it is possible to get down again? Working out is difficult because of health issues. I hope to take a little at a time.
Thanks for your time and honesty. I really appreciate it.
THANK YOU!

Nadine B
03/26/2011 11:29pm

Patti
You are truly an inspiration!!!! Have followed you on the "Q"... and always you inspire me!!! I truly wish you all good things in your new journey, and look forward to reading your blog and future adventures...
~Nadine ;)

Janet S
03/27/2011 8:14am

Patti

Thank you for sharing your weight loss process. I am struggling and really need to something. I too live alone and have a lot of family obligations, so after a stressful days work, and taking care of and elder, I know I don't always make the best food decisions.
You're writing is so beautiful, and inspire me. Thanks for the kick in the pants too get me started!

Karen Landry
03/27/2011 9:33am

Thank you for such an inspiring blog. The old saying " The older you get the tougher it is" is so true. I know I can still loose the weight again but it is harder after 60..but will try with your inspiration and we are all a team..
Thanks for sharing,
Karen

Lisa Pileggi
03/27/2011 11:25am

Patti, I just wanted to say that I have ALWAYS enjoyed watching you on QVC and you will be missed. I thought you were beautiful, informative and did an excellent job. Congratulations on stepping out of the box to try something new! It is scary. I was in the health care profession for the last 30 years and left my place of employment of 14 years...took a major cut in pay during one of the worst economical times ever...and I couldn't be happier! GOD WILL take care of you!! Best of luck to you and whatever you do!!!

helene
03/27/2011 12:08pm

Patti: Everytime I read one of your blogs it brings tears to my eyes. You put words together that are truly wonderful. Again LOTS OF LUCK IN YOUR NEW ADVENTURE. Will keep reading your blog updates. Helene

kate
03/27/2011 1:13pm

Refreshingly honest and truly inspiring. It seems you did the hard work of connecting your brain with your body which is the key to getting in shape and staying that way. I live in LA and let me say it's much easier here than in other parts of the country!

Linda
03/27/2011 3:48pm

Dear Beautiful Patti,
Thank you so much for letting us into your life. I always turn to your blog for inspirations. What a lovely person you are inside and out. All my best to you.

Charlene
03/27/2011 4:58pm

Thanks for sharing your journey with us. I have gained alot of weight and am trying to get back into healthy eating and exercise. It's not an easy road. Good luck to you--look forward to your blogs. They are so encouraging.

Libby
03/27/2011 6:49pm

Dear Patti,
This is the first time I have written to you, but have been following your blogs for the last month or so. First of all I'd like to say how much I miss seeing you on the Q. Second I'd like to say how eloquent your writings are. They are very thought provoking and you are brave to share your heart with us. I would like to wish you the very best as you walk into your new life, where ever that may take you! Keep us up to date and safe travels to you and your "family"!
Hugs,
Libby

Rose
03/27/2011 8:05pm

Patti,

Thank you for sharing. I was in that dark place about 1-1/2 years ago too, coming out of a painful 4-year relationship breakup, being a single mom of teenage triplets, I had let myself go too. Digging deep, I decided to take control of everything in my life. Through diet and exercise (treadmill), I lost 40 lbs. I felt better than I had in years. I'm glad to know that you saw major changes in your body from an elliptical because I have had to ease off of the treadmill in the last few months (and gained back 15 lbs), because my knees have been hurting from the high impact of the treadmill. I was curious to know how you achieved your weight loss and transformation, but didn't want to ask, so again, thank you for sharing.

Best of luck to you in all you do. You are such an inspiration. You will be fantastic!

Lori Schneider
03/27/2011 8:56pm

Patti,
The minute I read this, I thought of you! Then I signed on to your blog and read this new post. Admittedly, you were not my favorite host on QVC. However, I did notice your physical transformation. When I found that you were leaving QVC I became curious and discovered your blog. For some reason, I now feel a connection to you and a desire to keep up with your evolution! I think that my affinity with your story is based on my own journey, that brought me to where I am today.....content and happier than I had ever been, simply because I took the journey and got to know myself and fall in love with myself! So read the buzzard, the bat and the bumblebee, and keep looking up!

The Buzzard, the Bat and the Bumblebee

THE BUZZARD:

If you put a buzzard in a pen that is 6 feet by 8
Feet and Is entirely open at the top, the
Bird, in spite of its Ability to fly, will
Be an absolute prisoner. The reason is
That a buzzard always begins a flight from the ground
With a Run of 10 to 12 feet. Without space
To run, as is its habit, It will not even
Attempt to fly, but will remain a prisoner
For life in a small jail with no top.

**************************
THE BAT:

The ordinary bat that flies around at night, a
Remarkable nimble creature in the air,
Cannot take off from a level place.
If it is placed on the floor or flat
Ground, all it can do is shuffle about
Helplessly and, no doubt, painfully, until it
Reaches some slight elevation from which it can
Throw itself into the air. Then, at once, it
Takes off like a flash.
************************

THE BUMBLEBEE:

A bumblebee, if dropped into an open tumbler, will
Be there until it dies, unless it is taken out.
It never sees the means of escape at the
Top, but persists in trying to find some way out
Through the sides near the bottom.. It
Will seek a way where none exists, until it
Completely destroys itself..
**************************************
PEOPLE:

In many ways, we are like the buzzard, the bat, and
The bumblebee. We struggle about with all our
Problems and frustrations, never realizing that
All we have to do is look up! That's the
Answer, the escape route and the solution to any
Problem! Just look up.

Sorrow looks back, Worry looks around, But faith looks up!

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly and
Trust in our Creator who loves us.

Janet
03/28/2011 12:17am

As always, another great blog entry, Patti. Your words are very inspiring and I can't thank you enough for sharing another piece of your life -- and heart -- with us. Hugs, Janet

Glenda Moore
03/28/2011 2:42am

Patti you are the most likeable person , so down to earth thank you for your blogs you admit what the rest of us igore you see what you want to see that's bad when we lie to ourselves I adore you God Bless and keep you safe keep in touch love glenda Moore

Lori
03/28/2011 3:57am

Hi Patti,

I've never followed anyone's blogs but find yours to be so inspiring and someone that I can relate to. Everyone struggles with something and it's always nice to hear about the successes in life that someone has achieved or accomplished. I am starting to find my way to being healthier in mind & body and your blog just gave me the push I needed to continue on! Thank you & wishing you lots of happiness! Looking forward to reading your next update!
Best,
Lori

Shirleu
03/28/2011 9:50am

Hi Patti
Yuo are such an inspiration to so many, thank you for sharing your story with us. You look great!!!
I wish you so much happiness in the next chapter of your life

Paula
03/28/2011 10:53am

Patti, First of all I want to say thank you for your honesty. I know from experience how hard it is to admit whats going on in our personal life. Thank you for sharing your true self with us. I too am constantly battling my weight. It seems to be an endless battle for me.

You look beautiful. Be proud of being brave enough to move so far away all by yourself. It is very admirable especially for a woman. I don't know a lot of women that brave enough!

Remember that God has your entire family in His hands and will never let you go. He will always be with you because He created you and loves you like no other.

I wish you the best and want to say enjoy all that life has to offer. You do deserve it. Have fun and be true to yourself.

God Bless,
Paula

03/28/2011 11:51am

Patti
Reading your blogs and everyone's comments has been so inspirational. Never reget anything because there is a reason for everything that passes thru our life. You are headed for the sky. You are helping so many people now thru your blog. I myself never reply to blogs but yours I couldn't help. I feel that God is guiding my hand to write and to let you know what a wonderful person you are. Please give Piper and Syndey kisses for me, their too cute, loved the video of them.

Susan
03/28/2011 3:36pm

I went through something very similar a couple of years ago....but I did it because I wanted to catch someone's attention, which didn't work out. However, I used Nutrisystem, did aerobics and weights and lost 42lbs. I am glad that I did even though I didn't "catch" that person I wanted. The weight is still down and I have lost my job, but I still focus on my weight and how healthy/unhealthy I feel. It keeps me motivated. I really don't think I could go back. I was so proud of myself once I hit goal. I don't think I have ever felt that way my whole life. It does loads for your self-esteem. You have a right to feel good and look at yourself in the mirror and change the way you dress. If people can't handle that, then I think it's because they feel uncomfortable. But who knows.....maybe it will be what motivates them on their journey!!

Roxanne Bordelon
03/28/2011 6:49pm

Patti, I wish you all the best in your new endeavor. You proudly put yourself out there on television and people can be very ugly at times; I guess their life is so perfect that they need someone to talk about. But you've taken a huge step and left your comfort zone. Kudos to you for doing that.

Good luck with everything.

Linda
03/28/2011 10:40pm

Hi Patti, I enjoyed reading your latest blog, You are a great writer! It's great how open you are about your weight loss. You look great too. I miss seeing you on the Q,You keept things light hearted. Take care and let us know how you're doing.

janice adler
03/28/2011 11:09pm

I am so glad you posted this. It even inspires me more. You go girl! Will miss you on the Q, but even more excited for you and your next challenge!

R.
03/29/2011 1:13pm

Hi Patti!

Thanks for sharing this blog. I really enjoy when you are specific and open...I know you've been a public figure so it's probably difficult at times to be open...but appreciate hearing about your journey and struggles.
I wish you posted more frequently though I know you're busy.
anyway thanks again for writing.
Hope Piper is recovering well!
hugs, R.

p.s I signed up for your newsletter but I don't get any email from you, am I missing something?

Linda R
03/29/2011 1:52pm

Hi Patti,
I just wanted to tell you that your blogs are so inspiring. Thank you for sharing what is real in life. I wish you the very best and can't wait to hear what you will be doing in LA!

Donna Zimmerman
03/29/2011 6:12pm

I, too, thank you for sharing your story. Watching you on QVC I naturally wondered how you lost all your weight, but never heard you speak about it. And like others before me that commented, I am also over 60 - well over - and have struggled with weight problems all my life. But now, the struggle is even harder because besides the age problem I am disabled and spend most of my days in a wheelchair. While I can walk some, I can't walk any distance and going to a gym is just not an option on my limited income. And I live alone so I don't have any inspiration to cook actual meals. It's not that I can't, I just choose not to, therefore I make it harder on myself when it comes to losing weight. I do wish you the best of luck in your new life in LA, I have no doubt that you will not have any problem finding a new career out there. Donna

Cathy
03/29/2011 6:54pm

Hello Patti
I just wanted to say thank you for sharing all of your personal ups and downs. You are helping more people than you know and I'm one of them. I just this past weekend realized I was missing you on QVC! But only because I hadn't tuned in for a couple of weeks. I wish you all the best as you embark on your journey west..to LA that is! (:

Cindy
03/29/2011 7:43pm

Hi Patti, Your blog really touched a nerve for me. I am currently in that dark place where I have gained some weight and am unhappy with the direction my life is going. I can't seem to get unstuck from the routine of not enough exercise and too many cheddar goldfish (my oyster crackers!). I need to make a job change and a lifestyle change. Your blogs are very inspiring. Keep posting because you are a very good writer and also very encouraging to those of us still in the dark place. Also, please keep us posted on your future plans. Thanks so much for your online friendship! It means a lot to many of us who are isolated in our lives, it feels like someone is reaching out to throw us a liferaft. Take care and keep up the good work.

Rose
03/29/2011 8:39pm

Patti,
Thank you so much for your wonderful blog, it is very inspirational for me.

Sharron
03/29/2011 10:21pm

I am SO proud of you for following your heart and doing what feels right for you! I will miss seeing you on air but I agree with you that you just have to trust your gut feeling to make changes in your life. Watching you on QVC was a delight and I'm glad you're gonna share that with the West Coast now :) (cuz that's where I live).

God bless you sweetie

03/30/2011 12:56pm

Hi Patti,

Congratulations on taking a huge step and into something bigger & better that I know awaiting you. I really enjoy reading your blog (& watching you when you're still with QVC). You should write a book. Really. Please don't forget to keep us updated once you're in LA. I am already looking forward to your next entry/story blog.

Here’s toasting you all the happiness and the very best coming your way!
Lydia

nancy, temecula, california
03/30/2011 7:12pm

dear patti:

how sweet of you to share such intimate parts of your life to help others. i also have weight issues, and i need all the advice i can get. well, wishing you all the best and welcome to california!

Marilyn Davis
03/30/2011 11:44pm

Patti,
Your words of wisdom mean alot to me, I'm 55 years young. I remember seeing you on the Q when you first arrived. I remember thinking she's a cutie but alittle hippy. Sorry! But then I remember later on after not seeing you for awhile, I thought what did she do she looks great. Very toned and just had a glow to you. I would love to try Zumba but I had 2 knees replaced and those kind of movements aren't great on the knees. I need your motivational talks to keep going. I wish you only the best, and have fun with your neice and nephew.

Trish
03/31/2011 5:10am

Thank you! I think we all have struggled with our head messages from time to time and I for one have walked the weight loss journey!! Last year was my wake up call when I gained 40lbs at the same time I suffered an injury that threatened my ability to walk. I am by nature stubborn and when I am told I cannot do that is when I will do. I was told that I would not be able to walk without out assistance. I knew that was not true and I set out to find people who believed what I believed that I was not put on this earth to be a spectator! With the help of my angels my ortho surgeon, physical therapist, dietitian and personal trainer I not only am walking but I am now a runner (7 miles and counting daily) and in the best shape of my life! Be proud of your journey ALL of them because they make you stronger and beautiful inside and out! I miss seeing you on the Q but look forward to hearing about your new adventures. Live bravely and boldly and trust your instinct!

Regina
03/31/2011 4:49pm

I stumbled upon this post and am so glad that I read it! I was in the best shape of my life about two years ago. Since that time, I've packed on about 50 lbs! I definitely understand the place you write about emerging from, Patti! It's so very uplifting to simply hear of your overcoming that struggle. Thanks and God bless in all your new endeavors! Keep the wonderful posts coming!

Bianca
04/03/2011 2:39am

Patty,I was reading this and so much of this made sense to me. I too have dealt with similar issues and continue to try to make changes in my life. I truly appreciate your honesty and desire to help others that may be feeling alone and lost. Please continue to post these inspirational messages. I will re read this tonight and learn and take notes from it. Thank You

Susan McD.
04/03/2011 1:48pm

Thank you, Patti, for discussing your weight loss plan. I had lost a lot of weight and have put some back on, mostly because I have a job that makes it hard to get to the gym. You have inspired me to get back on the elliptical...it really made a difference in my midsection, I think. You're smart tog et the qweight off when you're young because I KNOW it gets harder every year. Trust me, I know! God bless you in your new career moves, Patti. you will be a success at whatever you do, and many options are open to a young woman with your talents.

Margaret Fahy
04/03/2011 6:32pm

Patty, Loved you on the Q. You certainly have taken control of your life and are an inspiration to all. Keep up the good work. Wish you much happiness in LA. Hope to get to see your beautiful self on TV again. Love your bubbly personality. I believe you can do anything you set your mind to do. Good Luck.

04/04/2011 3:12am

I felt so sad for you after reading this blog. You are beautiful both inside and out. I always enjoyed watching you on the Q, no regardless of your weight. After you lost weight, some vendors said how good you looked. It is a shame that are looks are judged by our weight. I do understand that you, like me, need structure. Since Aero Pilates, I work out on the machine 6 days a week with a specific set of exercises because they make me feel good. If I do not do my set, I feel that something is missing that day. I was unable to exericse for a couple of years prior to that due to a foot injury and the weight came, so I ound something that works for me and that does not cause me pain. The set of exericses my strucure. Ervyone is different and you just need more structure and that is fine. But,please do not hate your body. Just do what is healthy for you and what works for you. I do enjoy your blogs and messages.

Pam
04/04/2011 7:18pm

Patti:

Thanks for sharing about your weight loss. You look great! Enjoyed getting to know you through QVC and will miss you. You always seemed upbeat and positive. I look forward to traveling along with you as you begin this new phase in your life. It takes courage and detrmination, but you have it! Will follow your blogs and always know you have a cyber friends that reach out you and support you. Isn't that great folks that really don't know you but beleive in your through your work. I think that is great!

Erin
04/05/2011 1:37pm

Wishing you the BEST of luck and happiness. You are doing what I have only dreamt of doing for YEARS and have always been to frightend of the unknown. Its safe to stay somewhere you already know - but regretted at times.

virginia parker
04/07/2011 3:09am

Hi Patti
Just heard and sorry to see u left the Q, but I wish u Blessings and Happiness and u keep that beautiful smile of yours that I will remember and miss seeing, you are a wonderful girl and you'll do great things and youve made alot of friends so you'll be fine, Love , Virginia

Lucy McInerney
04/07/2011 8:46pm

Patti......so looking forward to your next blog entry......I am excited for you in this new adventure.....please keep us posted and God bless you.....you are a beautiful young woman, with a lifetime ahead of you......Keep looking upward......He will guide you always.
Waiting to hear from you when you are settled on the West Coast....
Hugs, Lucy

04/08/2011 7:34pm

Hi Patty,
I really looked forward to the days you were on the Q..You're one of my faves..
So proud of you taking the plunge to better your life..It's scarry, but you'll be glad you did it.
My life too has changed drastically..One thing that has helped me daily are "Power Thought Cards by Louise L. Hay". I got them at the bookstore..They are so positive as I draw a card each day..Best ever..Review them on the B&N website...I think you will love them as much as I do..Good way to start your new life.
Sending the best of wishes & love to you. You are a great person & deserve the best.

Janet
04/09/2011 9:58pm

Hi Patti

I enjoy reading your blog and thanks for sharing the personal info involving your weight loss journey. I just turned 50 last year and I swear now all I need to do is look at something fattening and I gain weight! It definitely takes dedication and hard work and you are to be congratulated! Much success to you in this new chapter of your life. Look forward to more blog entries from you . . . your writing is very inspirational!

Sherry
04/10/2011 6:19am

God Bless you Patti, your story of weight loss is an inspiration to me.

Sonia
04/10/2011 2:41pm

Patti, you reached down and found the amazing strength that you had all along. Stay proud of yourself. I think the obsession with body shape is silly and sad, but do understand that if you choose a career in television, it's important. And I understand it is important to some peoples' egos, but DO NOT let it define you. You are moving to the la-la land of superficiality where you will feel yet more pressure. It seems you are up to the challenge, but don't lose sight of those things you value the most. Good luck!

Cindy
04/16/2011 8:06am

Hi, Patti! It's good to have you here in So Cal! As you know, my mom, daughter and I have been some of your biggest supporters through the years. We're all wishing you the best now that you've moved to our neck of the woods and are praying you'll feel right at home here. Mom lives in Orange County, my daughter in San Diego and I'm in the Inland Empire (Murrieta).
Growing up in a suberb of LA, I can attest to the fact that there are a few superficial people here (as I suspect there are anywhere). But, in the immortal words of one of the Muppets, "Peoples is peoples." You're such a sweety, I know you'll attract genuine, warm-hearted friends to your new inner circle. We're praying your transition will be a smoothe one and that you're enjoying wearing flip flops more often. Send me an E-mail if you'd ever like to meet the three of us for lunch so we can welcome you to So Cal in style. Take care and God Bless. Your Pals, Cindy, Jenna & June
PS I love the pics of your beautiful family!

D'Ann
04/17/2011 11:16pm

Miss you, Patti...!!!!!

Carol
04/18/2011 2:03am

Patti, I was definitely sad to hear that you left Q but I am happy to see you continue your journey. Thank you for allowing us to be apart of your life. You are right in that people may have more than one dream in their lives and I do now truly believe that. I have been struggling with my own life for the past year and a half. I have been plagued with illness, caring for a disabled loved one, being laid off my job for over a year now and the list continues. I am now trying to consider the next chapter in my life but this time I want to do something that I have always wanted to do... I have always dreamed of singing or maybe even becoming a motivational speaker like yourself. I have unfortunately have always been afraid to really try to because I don 't want to fail. I think thats what has always held me back. As I am older now I have come to think about my life more and I see that I really don't want to leave the earth without saying that I at least tried. I like you have nieces and nephew, and one of my nieces is graduating from college in a few weeks(I am so proud of her). I tell her to be sure she is happy with the choices she makes because she doesn't want to live with regret when she is older. I want her to truly love her job and her life. I know you understand this as well. I wish you the best and I hope you will try and live everyday as if its your last. Enjoy every minute... I hope we hear from you soon. I wish you the best!

Anne
04/19/2011 10:26pm

I am truly going to miss you on QVC. I always looked forward to your shows. You are a beautiful person and we will all miss you. Good luck in your future endeavors and God Bless.

04/23/2011 1:52pm

hi Patti when are you going to post again?? Everyone is wondering what your your new job or adventure is going to be missed at Q -friday night beauty?hope you are doing well

04/24/2011 4:19pm

Patti,I'm so glad to hear you are still your beautiful upbeat self...I truly enjoy your blogs.Have you ever thought of writing a book? It would ,for sure,be a best seller. You have such a beautiful mind and your heart is pure....
I'm so glad you left that deep,dark place behind and took charge..You are like a ray of sunshine.Just keep believing in the Higher Power,and you can do anything.My prayers are w/you.BTW,have your newsletters started yet? I signed up,but haven't seen one yet.
I am looking forward to getting any news from a favorite young lady,who I consider to be a friend... I am your friend,,,,,,,,,,,,Phyllis from Ky.Keep smiling....

erica
05/02/2011 1:42pm

I LOVE YOUR BLOG ABOUT WEIGHT LOSS!!!You wouldn't believe what a nerve it touched in me...you make me want to go down that path too...i have 15-20 lbs to lose, and now i know i CAN do it...we as women should talk more about our struggles and our challenges. KUDOS to you, my inspiration!!!

Carol
06/10/2011 7:47am

Patti, thank you for sharing the story of your journey, it is very inspiring. Best of luck with your new endeavors away from the Q. I'll miss ya.

Lou
09/10/2011 8:22pm

thank you for telling your story of your weight loss. Miss you on qvc take care may your life be filled with good health and happieness