Time spent with family.  Focusing on fun and remembering to look at the world through a child's eyes because it's amazing what you'll see.  I spent the weekend with Finn and I watched his expressions and excitement over the simplest things: flying on an airplane, toy dinosaurs, sliding sown the slide with his Daddy at the "pay-ground", hearing the music from the ice cream truck, eating an m&m cookie: "candies on it Pa-yeee, yook!", or taking a bath with ducks that squirt and tons of bubbles you can make silly faces with.  My niece and I had our bonding time too.  I took her shopping to get a birthday present for her friend and she decided that she wanted to get her long, beautiful blonde hair cut.  We went to the salon and the woman told her it was long enough to donate to Locks of Love.  And eventhough Teagan hadn't planned on cutting it so short, she did it anyway.  She's beautiful with long hair, short hair or no hair!  I have to say, that in that crucial moment where she had to decide, I thought: Here's an 11 year old that's braver than me, how cool is that?  North Carolina is a gorgeous state and the people are so friendly.  I'm looking forward to taking more time for myself and my family, to check out the world and see what other things are out there.  I hope that things work out the way they're meant to, but who's to say?  I've been loving the comments you all have written, thank you.  They are so encouraging & supportive.  My friend Crisitina sent me this the other day: "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the things you did do. Sail away from your safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." by Mark Twain.  I read it a few times and kept thinking to myself, if I were to whisper words in my nephew's ear or talk to Teagan about life and what she's capable of, would I ever deny them the ability to do anything in the world???  Never.  I would tell them to go after their dreams, that they can do and have anything they want because the world is a place of abundance.  That it's never too late to be who you really are, so always reach for the authenticity inside you and don't ever be afraid to let people see it.  Isn't that what we all want for our children?  They have the world at their fingertips, right?  And had we been told and shown things differently we would have done them differently. So when things in life don't always go as planned, which is often the case, all I can do is remind myself and them that "You did the best that you could do at the time.  If you could have done better you would have.  Don't beat yourself up about it."  Accepting our own perceived "failures" is one thing, and it's tough.  But I've learned to not let other people's ideas of failure or success define me.  And I hope that by making changes in my life, that my niece and nephews will look closely and learn that it's okay to "sail away from your safe harbor".
There will always be another boat to catch.

Comments

Tammy
02/28/2011 11:42pm

Patti, you inspire me. Your niece and nephew are very lucky to have you. I know your next journey will be a great one. I wish you the best of luck and hope that we can keep in touch with your like through your blog and fb. I will miss hearing your voice and seeing what you have on or how you have fixed your hair for certain shows. I feel you are an authentic person and I appreciate that. I really do wish you all the happiness in the world, but you will be greatly missed. Other host have left and it's been ok Lisa Mason leaving and now you so close together I am heart broken. I will be watching you until you are no longer on the Q. Can you please tell us when your last show is so I don't miss it. Thank you.

Maria
03/01/2011 6:25am

You're smart and beautiful, fly like a butterfly:) Living with regrets and doubts is not a happy way to live, I wish you the best of everything.

Janice Adler
03/01/2011 9:22am

perfectly said. I want so much to be as brave as you and "sail away from my safe harbor". You are an inspiration
Blessings to you....

tricia
03/01/2011 10:58am

Patti.....you got it!!!!!!!! It's ok to sail away from your safe harbor. it might be scarey at times but in the end it will be worth it

Laurie
03/01/2011 12:06pm

Patti, this is just fantastic. Love the quotes, the attitude, everything!! Please keep on posting. Need it for sure. Thanks a mill!!

janey
03/01/2011 5:04pm

All through my life I have taken chances which I believe have made things happen! Like changing my job after 8 years and meeting my husband, daring to tackle a challenging house renovation and taking the step to move from the UK nearly 7 years ago to Connecticut, USA. So many people are afraid to take risks and thats ok but I did and not only has it been exciting the memories along the way are amazing. I loved the story you told about Piper (I too have two wonderful dogs (my boys) and it brought me to tears. So, go for it Patti, life really is too short and you already have some wonderful memories so make more!!

Sunny
03/02/2011 12:18am

Patti, sorry to see you go. I wish you all the best in whatever you do. With your looks and personality, I believe you'll go far. I hope you'll keep up the blog. Thanks for being one of the more interesting and watchable hosts on QVC. You'll be missed.

Shirley
03/02/2011 10:16am

Hi Patti, I am sorry to hear you will be leaving QVC, but you have to follow your heart and do what is best for you. Lisa Mason did and I know whatever you do, you will be great. I read about your lab, my black lab did the same thing, at age 12 she no longer went upstairs, I did the same, I got her a bed and put it in the living room and stayed with her. It broke my heart too. I lost her two years ago. It is so sad to see that happen to our beloved pets. My prayers are with you that whatever you do, it will work out. As I said follow your heart
take care

Beth
03/07/2011 4:27pm

Patti,
I love the all the quotes on your website and the fact that they are all positive. Not much of that in the world, so sad.I left my safe harbor 10 yrs ago and went with a company that had 5 employees counting myself. We now have 23 employees and it was so scary at first but it worked out. I also love the statement that we need to see the world with the wonder of a child. At 47 sometimes I feel I have lost myself somewhere, that I'm not the same person. Then I get around my nephew's boys and they just make it better for the sliver of time I am with them. Prayers and well wishes to you and I hope you never feel you have lost yourself!

Mary
03/08/2011 1:07pm

Patti, I will miss you on QVC. I have watched you grow as a person there and you have given so much of yourself back to the people. ("For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." -- Jeremiah 29:11)

Angle
03/08/2011 1:29pm

I hate that you are leaving Qvc but I wish you lots of happiness in pursuing your dreams! Good luck with whatever is next for you!

Edie
03/08/2011 6:17pm

Patti, sorry to see you leave the Q but i wish you every happiness in the future and hope you do everything you want to do. live life to the fullest. pls. keep in touch at your site and blog.

Charlene
03/08/2011 7:28pm

Hi Patti, I think I speak for so many that we will all be sad to see you go. You must follow your heart and do what is right for you. I hope you have the sweetest of journeys and you find what you are looking for. God bless and God speed.

Anita Johnson
03/09/2011 11:01am

Change is life. My husband of 45 yrs. passed away a year ago. So after 31 years I am moving back to our hometown to be close to family. It is overwhelming to do this by myself but I know it is God's plan. Best wishes to you. You will keep enjoying your family. That's the best feeling for us.

Jean
03/09/2011 1:05pm

Patti, it has been fun to watch you grow and it is sad to see you go. You have done a wonderful job and have a great deal to be proud of. I don't think you need any advice because this is your life to do with it what you wish, and it is plain to see that you know exactly what you are doing. I am another one who does want to wish you the very best and hope all your dreams come true. You appear to have a heart as good as gold and you will be rewarded for all the good you bring about with your charity work. God Bless you and help guide you through your new endeavors whatever they may be.

Betty
03/09/2011 9:02pm

Hi Patti- I do not have Facebook..So I would like to know where you are going? I will miss you terribly.You lightened up my days when my husband was sick with cancer..You were a joy to watch. Now that he is gone, you keep me company at night. You will be missed.I enjoy watching QVC..You and Lisa are my favorite folks..Good luck with your new chosen life!

Bonnie
03/10/2011 12:22pm

We are the author's of our lives. The idea is to write our book leaving many pages blank to hold each new chapter that will come into our live's. As a reader you always look forward to reaching the next chapter to see what is in store. For you Patti, I am so happy to hear that you are beginning yet another new chapter in your life. Love & blessings.....

03/10/2011 3:37pm

As you leave the moorings of the safe harbor, remember the words of my mentor (an elderly, wise grad school professor, as I struggled with leaving the safety of eleven years of elementary school teaching to enter a PhD program (and, at that time, poverty!). “…believe in yourself--set your goal—in five years you will have reached your goal (or be much closer); or, you will just be five years older. “ Those words have served me well!

It has been a delight watching you evolve into an exquisite butterfly. Now, it is time for you to fly!

Cindy
03/10/2011 5:27pm

Patti, I wish you all the best on the next endeavor / adventure in your life. May you be happy with whatever you choose to do.

Pam
03/11/2011 7:04pm

Patti,
I just want to tell you how much you will be missed! I don't personally know you but I still feel like you are my friend. I have emailed you and you have always answered any questions, very sweetly, I had about a product. I am proud of you for stepping out of your comfort zone and going for your dreams! We only live once and it goes by quickly. You don't want to look back and say why didn't I at least give it a shot. With happiness and sadness, good luck! I will be watching tonight with a tear in my eye!!
Pam

Valerie Roberts
03/11/2011 10:15pm

Patti - You are a lovely woman who inspires .... god bless you always.

Steph
03/11/2011 11:16pm

Patti - You rock! praying that blessings follow you ALL the days of your life! You are bold and have favor of the most high King! :)

Joan Musso
03/11/2011 11:35pm

Patti,
I just saw your last show. Sure will miss you. You are a very beautiful person and I hope the best for you in your endeavors.

RAYNOLDA
03/11/2011 11:46pm

Dear Patti,
After reflecting on the story of the climb, and how someday we will just run out of steam. I can honestly say that you could have been telling my story. The beatiful part is how grace has given you the wisdom I had wished I could have found. Just want to say that you have kept me company, gave me the chance to smile, to forget the problems of life that are breaking my heart. For that I am so thankful. Such a small word so huge a meaning. May God continue to use you and bless you for the light you have given to others whom are struggling with just thinking of continuing to make the climb. It would be an honor to share and listen to your advice and wisdom. May you truly know how much you have given and never knew.

Karyn
03/12/2011 12:09am

GREAT JOB TONIGHT PATTI. SUPER WOMAN! ALL YOUR FRIENDS GAVE US A GLANCE INTO THE TYPE OF PERSON YOU REALLY ARE AS THEY SAID GOODBYE TO YOU ON QVC.

Denise
03/12/2011 12:26am

Best of luck to you Patti. Your blog is very thought provoking and eloquent. Thanks for sharing the quote that Cristina sent you, it is so true. I too have not had the life that I envisioned. Never married and no children at 49...yikes! I too am a Mom of the four-legged version. (a cat--I had two dogs but they no longer walk amongst us-but they were very loved)

I hope to start a website business soon to achieve the independence that I've long dreamed of. I hope all of your dreams come true. May God bless your journey.

Nancy
03/12/2011 2:32am

Saw you last QVC show tonight and all of the wonderful things said about you. I know I loved to watch you. You seem like someone who would be a good best friend. Best of luck to you as you follow your dream.

nan, temecula, ca
03/12/2011 6:30am

patti, i watched your last show last night. i will miss you. you have a lot of people that love and support you. i wish you all the best. leaving qvc, i think, will open so many wonderful doors for you. keep us posted!

Susan Heney
06/01/2011 6:37pm

HI Patti, By now you have made your plans and start in your new direction. I honor your courage. You confronted your doubts and fears in public arena some times I assume not wanting to be so public. In reading this new blog (had visited your initial one) I see, feel the growth into a fine confident woman. As one who had a child very young and raised him single, I too do not regret decisions made which formed the human that I am today. Am also in process of packing and moving to another place at the shore in Jersey. Can relate to your RI chapter. Folllow your heart, your dreams, live and breathe life. This is your time and I wish you everything you seek to bring you closer to what your life is meant to be, you are capable valuable and loved. So blessed. We do never know of change that will come, as myself once very healthy have lived w/a neuromuscular immune illness for several years. It has given me time to watch and learn and value life's simple pleasures. peace in your travels, Patti. Susan